Hyper-V dynamic memory management gives very flexible and efficient way to manage windows based virtual machines. It is free but only problem with Hyper-V server is lack of GUI and installation of RSAT based tools need a lot of effort to make it work .
Install Hyper-V (in this example Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2019 is used)on your hardware and do tie initial configuration for IP and Remote Desktop Access. Download Windows Admin Center Unlimited Trial from here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-admin-center. Copy the downloaded file to a usb flash and plug that flash in newly installed Hyper-V Host.
- Access the Hyper-V through Remote Desktop .
- In Command Window of Hyper-V write powershell and press enter.
- Go to the USB Flash in my case it was assigned Drive Letter E:
- Press Tab or Write .\WindowsAdminCenterXX.msi in Prompt and press Enter
- Accept the License Terms and Click Next
- Follow the prompt until Configure Gateway Endpoint Section
- Select Port if you are intending to use any other than standard SSL TC/443
- Select Redirect HTTP port 80 traffic to HTTPS to make access easier.
- Click Install
- After some time wizard will finish the configuration and will display Finish dialogue.
- This will also show the URL or FQDN to open Windows Admin Center.
- Note down the URL which is the name of the server .
- Click Finish.
- Open Web browser in any other computer on your network.
- Enter the URL of the Hyper-V server form the prompt above.
- Accept the certificate warning and enter the Server Administrator username and password whihc in most cases is Administrator & **********
- Windows Admin Center Main Page will open in a while showing the Hyper-V Server (Gateway ).
- Click on the Server Name and Enter the Administrator User and Password in Prompted.
Windows Admin Center Main Page will open for the Hyper-V Server showing the Server Information as below
From right pane scroll down and select the Virtual Machines and Select Inventory to create the Virtual Machine.
To connect a virtual machine console Click more and download RDP file .